Basic Resources For Families in the Winter
Every year, Action for Boston Community Development (ABCD) serves thousands of needy families with fuel assistance, food, and holiday toys. This winter the need is greater than ever.
In response to the increasing number of Boston households unable to meet their basic needs for food and fuel, ABCD has launched a Winter Emergency Campaign to ensure that families can stay safe and warm, while looking forward to a more hopeful future.
The Winter Emergency Campaign provides heating help, food, warm winter clothing, and holiday toys to some of Boston’s neediest households, reaching an additional 10,000 families at risk of serious health problems or housing loss this winter.
How You Can Help
There are many ways you can make a difference by participating in ABCD's Winter Emergency Campaign.
- Make a financial donation: Donate now using our online form! Select the "Winter Emergency Fund" from the 'Program' drop-down.
- Give gifts of new winter clothing (boots, gloves, scarves, hats)
- Donate new comforters and blankets
- Drop-off new nonperishable foods and holiday toys
- Volunteer or host a holiday party on behalf of ABCD
Donations are now being accepted at every ABCD neighborhood site.
Monetary Donations can also be made by mail, addressed to:
Winter Emergency Campaign
Action for Boston Community Development, Inc.
178 Tremont Street
Boston, MA 02111
For questions please call the ABCD GiveLine at: (617) 348-6559.